Exploring Around Tacoma: Mountain-City-Sea
I recently had the pleasure of spending a fun filled summer weekend in the Tacoma area discovering a few of the local wonders. I’ll be honest, I was surprised because I had no idea there were so many fun and diverse things to do so close to Tacoma.
From downtown Tacoma to the 14,410-foot peak of Mount Rainier just 42 miles away there’s a ton to do. You can enjoy incredible hiking in the mountains or along the edge of the Puget Sound. Spend some time on the water in a boat or on a paddle board. And of course enjoy award-winning restaurants and breweries.
Tacoma Area Tips
Below is a list of fun summer activities and tips.
- Cruise the beautiful Gig Harbor at dusk and share a beautiful sunset with the Sea Lions.
- While in Gig Harbor enjoy a delicious meal at Anthony’s.
- I suggest staying at the the very stylish Hotel Murano.
- Make sure to ride the Mount Rainier Gondola up Crystal Mountain Resort to take in the breathtaking views of Mt Rainier.
- Grab a savory meal at the top of Crystal Mountain at the Summit House Restaurant.
- Take the challenge and hike down Crystal Mountain and enjoy the beautifully scenic mountain side where you’d normally ski in winter.
- Spend the night at Crystal Mountain and get up early to catch an epic sunrise at Sunrise in the Mt Rainier National Park.
- Get centered by taking a morning yoga class at the base of Crystal Mountain.
- Paddle board right in the heart of Tacoma from the Dock Street Marina.
This was all part of Tacoma South Sound Sports #MountainCitySea campaign promoting the incredible diversity of the area. While this was a sponsored experience for me I truly had a wonderful time. With the help of my good friend and talented videographer Colin Christianson (Tenacious Ventures), we created this video to share the experience with you all. Enjoy!
I shared this fun weekend with some other great folks. Check them out on Instagram… @bertymandagie, @themandagies, @emilymandagie and @luckyalexandra.
Crystal Mountain Resort is one of the best mountains to ski or snowboard in the area. Check out my video about skiing Crystal here.
If you’d like a video or photo content that features your product/service or area please contact Ryan by filling out the form below.