I recently had the pleasure of spending a fun filled summer weekend in the Tacoma area discovering a few of the local wonders. I’ll be honest, I was surprised because I had no idea there were so many fun and diverse things to do so close to Tacoma.
From downtown Tacoma to the 14,410-foot peak of Mount Rainier just 42 miles away there’s a ton to do. You can enjoy incredible hiking in the mountains or along the edge of the Puget Sound. Spend some time on the water in a boat or on a paddle board. And of course enjoy award-winning restaurants and breweries.
Tacoma Area Tips
Below is a list of fun summer activities and tips.
- Cruise the beautiful Gig Harbor at dusk and share a beautiful sunset with the Sea Lions.
- While in Gig Harbor enjoy a delicious meal at Anthony’s.
- I suggest staying at the the very stylish Hotel Murano.
- Make sure to ride the Mount Rainier Gondola up Crystal Mountain Resort to take in the breathtaking views of Mt Rainier.
- Grab a savory meal at the top of Crystal Mountain at the Summit House Restaurant.
- Take the challenge and hike down Crystal Mountain and enjoy the beautifully scenic mountain side where you’d normally ski in winter.
- Spend the night at Crystal Mountain and get up early to catch an epic sunrise at Sunrise in the Mt Rainier National Park.
- Get centered by taking a morning yoga class at the base of Crystal Mountain.
- Paddle board right in the heart of Tacoma from the Dock Street Marina.
This was all part of Tacoma South Sound Sports #MountainCitySea campaign promoting the incredible diversity of the area. While this was a sponsored experience for me I truly had a wonderful time. With the help of my good friend and talented videographer Colin Christianson (Tenacious Ventures), we created this video to share the experience with you all. Enjoy!
If you’d like a video or photo content that features your product/service or area please contact Ryan by filling out the form below.