In December of 2017 my daughter Jemma and I spent a wonderful weekend exploring in and around Olympia, Washington.
I was pleasantly surprised that there’s so many great activities for the whole family in the area. We were hosted by the wonderful folks at Experience Olympia & Beyond so we had all the info we needed to have a great time. We hope that you enjoy the video we made which was shot by the very talented videographer and photographer Travis Wals.
We were racing the rain a little but we were still able to enjoy some breaks in the weather and get outdoors when we could. That said we had plenty to enjoy indoors as well. Here’s a few suggestions for you to visit…
- The Hands-on Children’s Museum: Hands down Jemma’s favorite place in the area. She loved playing here
- The Bread Peddler: We had a delicious breakfast here. It’s popular for a reason!
- Wet Science Center: A great place to spend some time with the kids indoors where they can learn some stuff
- Waterstreet Olympia: We had a yummy lunch here. It’s pretty big place with lots of room so good for kids
- Sofie’s Scoops Gelato: Speaking of good for kids, this was Jemma’s second favorite place. Not sure why?
- Olympia Farmers Market: A really great outdoor but undercover farmers market with loads of great stuff to buy
Jem and I agreed that the region makes for a perfect weekend getaway for families that live in the Seattle. One tip though. Leave early if you’re going Friday after work. Traffic can get busy.
If you’d like a video or photo content that features your product/service or area please contact Ryan by filling out the form below.